Check out these other recent posts!

Welcome! Check out my most recent posts!

Thursday, July 3, 2014

An Easy, Last-Minute 4th Of July Centerpiece

We made it back from our vacation after a REALLY long drive home. We had a great week though. Good weather, lots of swimming, beach walks, playing games....we even completed a large jigsaw puzzle.

The only photos I have to prove we were on vacation are two of us eating lunch at Ben & Jerry's. Yes, LUNCH! We were on vacation after all. I just didn't think much about taking photos all week. I was just relaxing. I know....bad blogger....and bad Mom. Oh well!

I've been trying to post here all week. I wanted to come up with some kind of decorating for the 4th of July. The inspiration just didn't come though.

So here's what I did instead....

* unpacked

* took my daughter to a doctor's appointment

* watched the US play in the World Cup

* tried to eat a little healthier

* made up a new recipe

* took my daughter to the library

And today, I

* ate my lunch out on the deck and watched my son play in the yard.

While I was outside I noticed that our hydrangea bush WAY back near the back of our lot was in full bloom. I ran in and got some scissors and went back and cut a few flowers to take inside.

As I cut the blooms and arranged them in my white pitcher, the inspiration came. Here's what I ended up with.


 
 
So the moral of the story is....you can't force inspiration. Not even for a blog post.
 
 
But if you are having a get-together tomorrow and still need a little decoration for your table, it's not too late to pull something together. Just use what you have.Find some flowers (or weeds) from your yard or grocery store, gather any red, white, or blue container and extras you may have and.....voila! Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!
 

 
 
I hope you have a terrific holiday weekend! Be safe! And don't forget to take some time to think about what a blessing it is to live in a free country. Freedom isn't free. It has come through the sacrifice and service of many. Let's be thankful!



 photo signature_zps9c411e62.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.

Comments may be moderated so you may not see your comment immediately.

Thanks for stopping by!

- Jill

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...