Check out these other recent posts!

Welcome! Check out my most recent posts!

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

2014 Christmas Home Tour: The Mudroom And Living Room

Greetings and welcome to the first part of my Christmas home tour!  I took so many photos that I decided to divide up my tour. Today we'll look at the mudroom and living room and next week I'll show you the kitchen.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-kX71kCPeuGw/VIMKjRMIGFI/AAAAAAAAJ08/s8g0BoRN9Kk/s1600/Link-party-holiday-house-walk-tag.jpg
 

If you're here for the first time...welcome!

I'm so excited to be joining Jennifer Rizzo's Holiday House Walk link party. Did you see all the amazing homes in last week's House Walk? Oh my! Such inspiration! Make sure to take a look at all the other amazing home tours that are being linked up this week.

Now normally I would off you a hot beverage when you arrive. And today....everyone gets a squirt of hand sanitizer on the way out as well. Ha! Yep, I have sick kiddos at home this week. Fever, stuffy noses, coughing.....blech! Seems that there is a bug going around their whole school district. Having the kids home made my little Christmas photo shoot a bit of a challenge as well. I'm quite sure you didn't want to see kids bundled up on the couch or thermometers and medication taking up room on the kitchen counter. But I did my best!

So let's start with our mudroom!

 
 
I love these little trees that I purchased at Target a couple years ago. I use them differently each year. This time I "planted" one in an old galvanized bucket and dressed it up with some burlap and ribbon. You'll see another one in my kitchen in the second part of my tour.
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 
Let's move into the living room. I love tradition and I use most of my decorations from year to year in different ways, with maybe something new thrown in. This year I used a lot of the ironstone that I've accumulated over the last few months.
 
I also generously used fresh greens from our back yard. I MAY have gone a little overboard....NAH!
 
As much as I enjoy seeing other homes decorated with non-traditional colors or neutrals, I love to decorate with the traditional colors. I always find myself drawn to some black and white with pops of red, real or faux greenery, and a little bit of sparkle as well.
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 



 
 
Our mantel and hearth are pretty much the same as last year. I did add a couple little ironstone syrup pitchers with some pine.
 
 

 
 

 
 
I also added these little chalkboard tags with our names to our stockings. You may remember seeing them on my Thanksgiving table as name cards. After Thanksgiving they quickly made their way over to the stockings. I didn't even have to rewrite our names!
 


 
 
 
Some more pine and ironstone.
 

 



 
 

 
 
And our tree....covered with ornaments that mean so much to us because of the memories they hold.
 

 
 

 
 
So that's it for this part of the tour. Join me next week for a peek at my Christmas kitchen.
 
You can click HERE for a look at my Christmas tour from last year too.
 photo signature_zps9c411e62.png

3 comments :

  1. Very Nice, Love It All!
    Happy Happy December.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stopping by from both the tours at Jennifer Rizzo's and The Nester. Your rooms look lovely decorated for Christmas. I especially like the pretty tree and the rustic mantel. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lovely home. Especially love the sweet little table by your "Keep Calm" sign. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.

Comments may be moderated so you may not see your comment immediately.

Thanks for stopping by!

- Jill

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...