Check out these other recent posts!

Welcome! Check out my most recent posts!

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Weekend Treasures: Family And Finds

I hope you all had a great holiday weekend!

On Friday, we spent the afternoon picnic-ing with Hubster's family. It was a GORGEOUS day filled with family, fun, and laughter. Throw in good food, corn hole, volleyball, and celebrating a birthday and it was a perfect day!

In the evening we headed to a band concert and fireworks with my parents. This is something we have done for years....since before we had kids....and it is always fun. We didn't go last year because of bad weather, sickness, and work schedules so we were happy to get back to our tradition (although we missed Sal and her family!) I love patriotic music and again, the weather was perfect, and the fireworks were spectacular!



 

I got a chance on Saturday to sneak out and do a little treasure hunting. I went to my favorite Goodwill Store. Okay, it is the only Goodwill I go to, but I often find great stuff.

I found this sweet jar. I don't think it is old, but I just loved the shape. Can you see the oak leaf and acorn motif around the handles? So pretty.

 
 
 
 
I also found this cute little ironstone creamer.
 
 



And this sweet little thing.

 
 
I challenged Hubster to see if he knew what it was. "No, it's not for sprinkling cheese on your pasta!"
 
But you all know what it is, right? A little vase with a "frog" top? I don't think he believed me....so he Googled it. He was convinced that FROG must stand for something. Silly guy.
 
Then there were these pretty transferware teacups. They are English and their manor house and carriage design reminded me of Downton Abbey.
 
You might remember that I have a thing for teacups....and Goodwill.
 
 
 

 
 
I also found an ironstone tureen and a platter, but I didn't get good  pictures of them. It was definitely a good treasure-hunting day! Since I like changing things around a lot, I love when I can find pretty things I like at a good price.
 
Have you found any good treasures lately?



 photo signature_zps9c411e62.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.

Comments may be moderated so you may not see your comment immediately.

Thanks for stopping by!

- Jill

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...