Check out these other recent posts!

Welcome! Check out my most recent posts!

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Summer List Update

Today I thought I would give you a little update on how we are progressing with our Summer List. (If you don't know what our Summer List is, you can read all about it HERE.)


 
 
As you can see, we're making some progress and have already checked off about a third of our ideas. In hindsight, I wish I would've been more conscious of taking pictures of everything we did. I will have to remember that for next year.


 
 
 
Even though we haven't checked off the library, we have been a couple times. And my daughter has already had her turn cooking. This past weekend we killed two birds with one stone, so to speak, and celebrated our daughter's birthday by getting doughnuts at Dunkin' Donuts for our Saturday morning breakfast.
 
 

 
 
If you read my original post, I talked about being intentional. I've am reminded every year when we do this that it takes more than making a list to be intentional. It takes thought and action. It would be easy for Hubster and me to get to the weekend and just take it easy and relax or busy ourselves with so much that needs to be done around the house. It takes planning and sometimes even reconsidering priorities!
 
And now in the interest of full disclosure....
 
As far as the goals I told you that we made for each of our children.....that plan is not going as well as I would have liked. Let's be honest, not too many kids want to spend the Summer working on their Math skills. It takes a lot of motivation from Mom and honestly, that's probably why we aren't making as much progress. On a positive note though, two of the kids have been listening to audiobooks (a wonderful thing for kids with learning issues) and have gotten very interested in a new (to them) series of books. So it hasn't been a total loss. I just think we will have to rethink this for next year and maybe come up with a better plan. We may have bit off a little more than they can chew....at least for our kids.
 
So how about you?  Did you make any goals for yourself or your family? Are you making any progress?
 photo signature_zps9c411e62.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.

Comments may be moderated so you may not see your comment immediately.

Thanks for stopping by!

- Jill

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...