Check out these other recent posts!

Welcome! Check out my most recent posts!

Monday, January 13, 2014

Changes In The Living Room For January

Happy Monday! I hope you had a wonderful weekend.

We've been busy this weekend working on a major project in my son's room....well, mostly Hubster, but I'm the support team. What that meant for me was totally emptying out our son's large closet, half of which was my stuff. OY! Our house is a disaster at the moment.

Today will be spent going through everything and purging....which is good. I just wasn't planning on doing it this week when I need to be preparing for being out of town all next week.

A little stressful, but it will all work out.

But I promised that I would post photos of the changes I made in our living room now that it has been "de-Christmafied."  (I just totally made that word up.)

I decided on aqua/turquoise for the accent color and as you'll see, I kept out some pine cones so hopefully it wouldn't look to Spring-y. I think it looks nice and fresh.

So let's start with the TV cabinet and work our way around the room, shall we?






I'm still on the lookout for some art for over this cabinet. Just haven't found the right thing yet.



For the mantel I just changed the ribbon on the boxwood wreath and switched out the pillar candles in the lanterns for a couple chunky candlesticks. I bought these candlesticks years ago. They were very country looking, but a couple years ago I spray painted them this aqua color and now they have a new life.



I used a few blue Ball jars around the living room too just like I did in the kitchen.  I love those blue anniversary jars. A little baker's twine adds some color too.



In this corner I added pops of color with some plates. I made a trip to HomeGoods the other day and found these turquoise plates that compliment my black and white Asiatic Pheasant plates. They are made by two different companies but that doesn't matter to me.

I know they look blue in the photo, but they are most definitely turquoise.





And on the sewing machine, more stacked plates and my little Ironstone creamer under glass.




I also grabbed this pillow from our bedroom to hang out in the living room for a while.


It's amazing how you can change the look and feel of a room just by changing the color of your accessories.

If you want to try a different look in a room, search around your house for some things that are similar colors and gather them all in one room to change things up a bit. Sometimes we just need a change. It's not hard to do and doesn't have to cost a lot of money either.

Today I'm linking up to Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps On The Porch....

http://betweennapsontheporch.net/dining-room-upgrade-add-picture-molding-beneath-chair-rail/


And Fabulously Creative Friday with Jennifer Rizzo.





Have a great day!
 photo signature_zps9c411e62.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.

Comments may be moderated so you may not see your comment immediately.

Thanks for stopping by!

- Jill

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...