Check out these other recent posts!

Welcome! Check out my most recent posts!

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Peace On Earth: Our Favorite Chicken Taco Soup

I'm back with another  "Peace On Earth" recipe....yummy and easy recipes to help keep peace at your dinner table this time of year.

Today we have one of our most favorite recipes....Chicken Taco Soup! I basically adapted this recipe for us from others I had seen. It is so easy because it involves my crock pot (can you tell mine is well used?) and dumping ingredients in it.

So here's what you need.....

(Yep, that's it!)



I use the frozen chicken tenders. They cook quicker, and are easier to shred at the end. And well.....they're more tender! You can use as little or as much as you like. We like a lot of chicken in ours so I generally use the whole bag.

So dump it all in!


Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. I admit, I cook most things in the crockpot on high....mostly because I usually don't have my act together until about noon.

Then just shred the chicken with a couple forks and return to the pot.

I serve the soup with cheddar cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips. You could add whatever toppings you like.

I also dream someday (maybe after The Pickys move out) of adding black beans and corn to this soup. I think that would be yummy.



So that's it! Super easy.

I'll actually be taking this soup to a Christmas party this weekend where we'll be having different soups and salad. Can't wait! This annual party always has a particularly raucus white elephant gift exchange and is loads of fun.

I normally would give you a nice printable copy of the recipe. But we have been experiencing some Internet problems the last couple days and now my computer is acting wonky too. So before everything blows up in my face, I'm just going to give you the un-fancy version and get out of here right quick.

48 oz. chicken broth
1- 16oz jar salsa 
1 envelope taco seasoning
Frozen chicken tenders
tortilla chips
shredded cheddar cheese
sour cream

Place chicken in crock pot.
Sprinkle taco seasoning on top and pour salsa and broth over chicken. Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Shred chicken with forks and return to pot. Serve with cheese, sour cream, and chips.


I hope you try it and enjoy it!

 photo signature_zps9c411e62.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.

Comments may be moderated so you may not see your comment immediately.

Thanks for stopping by!

- Jill

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...