Check out these other recent posts!

Welcome! Check out my most recent posts!

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

When You Know, You Just Know

Ours was a whirlwind romance....married one year to the day of our first date.

He knew before I did that we would spend the rest of our lives together.

I took a little convincing, but finally I got it. He was the first one I hadn't had to try to make love me. He just did. And when I finally had that revelation that New Year's Eve....I knew.


                  

You know how people always say that when you find the person you're supposed to spend the rest of your life with "you'll just know?"  That used to drive me crazy! Give me a real answer already!

But I'm here to tell you it's true. For me it was knowing that he loved me....without me having to convince him....that made me know.


Today we're celebrating 20 years of marriage. Twenty years! It seems like forever, but on the other hand, we can't be old enough to be married 20 years. I have a lot more pounds and he has a lot less hair, but it still can't be possible.

Like any marriage, there have been ups and downs. But I can't imagine going through it with anyone else. God knew what he was doing for sure when he brought this man into my life. This idealistic, dreaming, fearful, perfectionist girl needed a practical, confident, positive, faith-walking man like him.


We don't have any big celebration planned today. We've kind of been celebrating for a couple years now. You see, when we reached about 17 years, Hubster starting telling people we had been married for "almost 20 years." We even went on a celebratory trip to Disney World (no kids) back in April because it was just the best time for us to go. So it has kind of felt for a while like we had already reached the 20-year milestone.

And tomorrow he will probably start telling people that we've been married almost 25 years anyways! 


(I apologize for the poor quality of these photos. They are photos of photos which were not that great to begin with. In 1993, wedding photographers weren't using Photoshop to make your wedding photos look perfect enough for Pinterest. We also got married in the late afternoon in November. It was an overcast day. It actually started snowing as I walked down the aisle and by the time we left our reception, there was about 2 inches on the ground. Anyways....didn't make for great photos. But I'm just happy to have them.)

Today's Thankfulness.....

* For God's provision for the perfect man for me.

* For 20 years together.

* For a husband who is a wonderful and godly husband, provider, and father.
 photo signature_zps9c411e62.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.

Comments may be moderated so you may not see your comment immediately.

Thanks for stopping by!

- Jill

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...