Check out these other recent posts!

Welcome! Check out my most recent posts!

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Playroom Update: What's Goin' On?

Hey look.....it's a post from me! I know, I know. I've been a little MIA the last couple weeks.

So what have I been doing lately....well, besides watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix (Can you say "addicted!"?) and killing all the mums I bought to decorate for Fall?  You know....all those real life things....parenting three special needs teenagers, school activities, church activities, family activities, holding down the fort while husband is on business trip. It's been my occupation for quite some time now, but I've officially given myself the title of "Person Who Holds Down The Fort." I'm a Fort Holder Downer.

In the last couple days I haven't needed to hold on quite so tightly to the fort, so I've been working on some details in the playroom. This is what I consider the fun stuff.


 
 
I've been trying to track down some baskets I like for in the new Kallax shelves. I didn't know they'd be so difficult to find....or so expensive. After looking in several stores and online, I had resigned myself to the fact that the least costly option was to wait until the next trip to IKEA (who knows when that will be) and purchase the ones they have. I wasn't too excited about that option because, 1.) I wasn't completely in love with them, and B.) We all know I'm not good at waiting.  :-)
 
But last week I came across these baskets at Target. I can't believe I hadn't seen them sooner! I used Target's Cartwheel app  (Have you tried it yet? It's great!) and was able to get them at 15% off, so they wound up being less expensive than the ones at IKEA.....and I like them better. So, two days and 4 Target stores later, I finally have six baskets to fill the cubbies.
 


 
 
I'm excited about the extra storage that I'm gaining with these shelves. Three of these baskets already hold all my candles that were taking over a closet. Yep, three baskets.....one for pillars, one for jar candles, and one for Christmas candles. I lined the bottom of the them with parchment paper to protect the candles from the rough basket.
 
 
 
 
Besides the baskets, I've been trying to gather some fun wall art and accessories. I'll share more details on all that when the room is more complete.
 
 
 
 

 
 
So that's what's going on around here. It's a slow process, but that's okay.



 photo signature_zps9c411e62.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.

Comments may be moderated so you may not see your comment immediately.

Thanks for stopping by!

- Jill

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...