Check out these other recent posts!

Welcome! Check out my most recent posts!

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

My Mother Is.....

On Monday, my son brought home this paper that he had filled in about me at school. It gave me a good laugh and did my heart good too.
 

 
 
 
My mother is nice.
 
I try. One of my grandfather's favorite sayings was "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."
 
She cleans the dishes.
 
Sometimes I feel like that's all I ever do. So I guess he's noticed!
 
She likes dogs.
 
This is true. Especially our dog Sugar. My boy likes dogs too. Especially our dog Sugar.
 
She looks like a heart.
 
I think this may be literally true. I hope it is figuratively true as well.
I would've gladly accepted the answer "Julia Roberts" though.....but I'm just glad he didn't write "Dora The Explorer."
 
She sounds like a popstar singer.
 
That may have something to do with me singing "Part Of Your World" around the house like nobody's business...all. weekend. long. But I'm sure he was just being nice.
 
She smells like cookies.
 
Okay, this is sort of a weird question I think. But I'll take it! I'm glad he didn't say mothballs, garlic, or a wet dog.
 
She always is a good parent.
 
[Weep]
 
My mother is playful.
 
I loved this. First, that he thought of this word. And second, that he thought it described me. I try to keep things fun around here.
 
 
I thought this was so sweet. It made me smile and gave me a couple good laughs. But it also made me happy to know that this is how my son sees me.
 
If you are a mom I'm sure you've felt the same way I do sometimes....that you aren't fun, that you are stressed out, that your life is just one continuous film loop, that you always wind up being "the mean mom,"  that maybe you're not giving your kids the best that you can, and maybe you smell like wet dog (or baby formula, or laundry that's been sitting in the washer for two days....you can fill this in yourself.)
 
What a relief to know that my child doesn't see me this way. Maybe it's time to see ourselves through our children's eyes and cut ourselves a little slack.
 
What do you think?
 


 photo signature_zps9c411e62.png

1 comment :

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.

Comments may be moderated so you may not see your comment immediately.

Thanks for stopping by!

- Jill

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...