Check out these other recent posts!

Welcome! Check out my most recent posts!

Friday, May 23, 2014

Four Things For Friday 5.23.14

It's been ages since the last Four Things For Friday....like since February, I think! I thought I'd hit you today with a few random thoughts and goings-on.

Ready?

1.) A few days after I wrote my post I Am Enough I saw a similar one by Laura over at Finding Home (another one of my favorite blogs that I am going to write about someday.) It seems like there may be an online epidemic of women who are trying really hard but still feel like they don't measure up. I love how Laura relates it all to grace. If you have time, I encourage you to read her post Grace And Grocery Store Flower Arrangements.



2.) I am looking forward to this Memorial Day Weekend. Do you have any traditions for this holiday? We have a couple that I love. 

First off, we have family that visits from New York every year for the weekend. This has been a tradition since I was a girl and now my kids look forward to it each year. We gather over at my parent's house and always have a lot of fun together catching up, playing games, and eating good food.

Hubster's family has a very long-standing tradition as well that was started by his grandparents. On Memorial Day morning we all gather together to have a breakfast picnic....rain or shine. Everyone pitches in by bringing different breakfast items and we actually cook a huge breakfast on camping stoves. The morning used to also include a long hike after breakfast. I remember my first breakfast when Hubster and I were dating. It rained that year, but we still hiked. They teased me that the Memorial Day hike was my initiation into the family.

3.) I've been itching to change up my décor a little for Summer. Unfortunately I just haven't had a big chunk of time to spend on doing it yet. Last week I was busy preparing for the Thank You Dinner and this week has been busy with end of the school year activities, a baseball game, as well as preparing to go with my son on his 8th grade class trip to Washington, DC next week. Hopefully when I return I can do it.




4.)  And on the subject of going to Washington....I probably won't be posting at all next week. We depart very early Tuesday morning and won't return until Friday evening. My son is very excited about the trip and so am I. Last time I was there was when the kids were VERY small and we just went for a really spontaneous two-day adventure. I don't know what we were thinking. The kids were way to small to appreciate any of it or even remember it. My son has had American History this year and also read a book that took place during the Civil War so I'm hoping that this trip will make that all come alive for him (we will be stopping in Gettysburg, PA on our way home.)

I'm looking forward to a little break away from home and our normal routine as well as spending time with my son. I'm technically not a chaperone. Because of my son's special needs, I'm just going to travel with him and take care of his needs. We'll see how that pans out, but I'm looking forward to it.

I think that's it for today. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend making memories with the ones you love and being thankful for those who have sacrificed for the freedoms we have here in the United States.


P.S. - I've added a new little gadget at the top. If you're not able to stop by every day, hopefully this will help you see any posts that you've missed. Have a great weekend!
 photo signature_zps9c411e62.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.

Comments may be moderated so you may not see your comment immediately.

Thanks for stopping by!

- Jill

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...